Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mowed the lawn.

It stopped raining today. Still windy and cool. I sharpened the mower blades and fueled the mowers for the first time since last October.The small mowers started right away. the riding mower started and stopped. I took the float bowl off and no fuel flowed out. I cleaned the bowl and twiddled the float up and down until the needle valve unstuck and fuel began to flow. It ran well after that. It's been windy here since early March and I'm sick of it. We had a free dinner on the state Monday. I had gotten the free fishing license and caught 2 10 inch brook trout in the river near by. They were stocked and the meat was white and mushy and tasteless. But it was a free meal none the less. And with three days of rain the river is approaching flood stage and the temp has dropped into the low 50's with 25 mph winds. Not quite opening day conditions but close.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

I hear ya on the wind. It's been 15+ down here for a month. Sucks.