Wednesday, October 30, 2013

First flight . . .

I did some repair work on an old ARF trainer that never flew and suffered some hangar rash through the years. I never heard of the model a Hobbico Super Star .40. The covering wasn't of the dry adhesive type but was usable after fixing several holes. The engine is an OS .40FP that had never been run. It started right up on the bench and again on the plane. I used hot water to warm it first. I had to add some epoxy to the wing center section joint and some fiberglass cloth for more strength. It didn't fold. I had to put in two servo's as the plane only had two in it.

  The take off roll was straight, which surprised me, and the controls felt just right for me. I had to change the elevator trim a few clicks at less than full power and it flew very smoothly. The wind was almost calm which is why I wanted to fly it today for the test flight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How could you Perry! You gave into the RC!