Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fixing stuff.

After painting the milk room I looked at the basement. The ceiling was untouched since we moved here 45 years ago and who knows how long before that. I used the sticky tape on the patches I had made and filled a few more smaller holes. It took a couple hours to paint the ceiling. It looks better. Then my focus turned to the dark room. I had painted the walls a few months ago but the ceiling was in need of paint and filling. I bought some wall board joint compound and attacked the  basement stairwell first. Then I mixed the remaining partial cans of paint and started on the dark room. I had enough paint to get the ceiling and the cement knee wall that goes around the room. That looks better too.Now I'm looking at the floor. That could be a problem.
  As soon as the drizzle stops for a few days the driveway will get a coat of sealer.
  The little house across the street has a for sale sign on the lawn again.  

No comments: