Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Things are moving along.

I made some calls the other day to find someone to build a garage/workshop next to the house. I called several General Contractors and left messages. One called back and said I needed a remodeling person and gave me a name. I called that person and he was here the next morning to check on what I wanted and came back the next day with a quote. It was below our limit so he will start the job tomorrow.
 The storage room isn't big enough for my stuff. I still have 12 boxes of stuff to unpack and I'm out of room.
 I bought a new work bench with 4 drawers that I was able to fill with tools and things and I put the building board on it and opened up a kit. Too much happened today that I was unable to get started on it. I called the VA in RI and talked them into letting me mail my hearing aids to them for a tune up, our son installed two new bathroom fan/lights, the builder came with the quote, then the GE repairman came for the fridge ice maker, I am waiting for a call from the ADT people, I called the Jewett City Bank and got some paperwork to transfer some money into another account and a couple from Slaughter came by for a visit. It went smoothly as one came as one left all day. To start tomorrow off I have to go to the post office and fire off the bank paperwork and get a photo for a passport renewal.

No comments: