Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The last Twister.

No, Sig is still making them. It's the last one I will build. It seems that I've always had a Twister. Even when flying R/C I had one and would take it to the field about once a year and get in a flight. Fox .35 in the nose. Since then I have built several from kits and from scratch. None flew that well. I was out of projects and ws looking at the kits in the hobby shop and the Twister was the cheapest so I bought another one. For some reason I almost built it without changing things. I had some silk span and used it to cover the whole plane. I did extend the fuselage 2 inches at the rear. I never liked the canopy shape so I changed that a bit. I added a piece of 3/8 balsa to the nose to ad strength. That's about it. I used dope for the fill coats and white base then Dupli-Color engine paints for the trim colors. I sprayed on some two part clear for the final touch. I had an OS .46 LA I wasn't using so that is on the nose. A stock muffler puts the balance in the right spot. I am amazed at how well this plane flys. All my usual changes got left out and I built it mostly to the plans except for the 2 inch etension.

No comments: