Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wrentham contest.

The wind started to blow early this morning. Nothing since the Lee, MA contest. I got to the site about 0900 and the others were already talking about the wind. My first flight wouldn't get off the ground. The tail kept coming up and grounding the prop. After 4 attempts it finally got airborne. I got into the overhead eights when the fuel ran out. I knew it would be short because of the many attempts. I bent the tail wheel wire to lower the tail and it helped on the second flight. I got a full flight in and got applause after landing. I also got 502 points for first place in Classic stunt. It's the same pattern as normal stunt but with older design planes. It's blowing pretty good even now. Tomorrow should be much better conditions. Regular stunt classes too. I flew the Ruffy with the Fox .35 I won in the raffle at Lee.

No comments: