Friday, August 23, 2013

I got gas, well almost.

We got a phone call before 0800 today. It was the plumber and he would be here shortly. He was and they connected the furnace to the gas service. The building inspector came about 2:30 and liked what he saw. The plumber made the last connection and I tried to talk to the gas company to have them return and install the meter and turn the gas on. On hold, elevator muzak. I left a message at the tone and then used the email and said the same thing. I taught the plumber something while he was here. He was working on the piping and wondered why the threads and sizes were non standard for the meter. I said it would prevent someone from removing the meter and installing a jumper. Kids. 12 years he's been at it. My balsa order came in today while I was mowing the lawn. I just now remembered why I ordered 3/16 sheets. It's for the hinges. I sand the slots in two pieces and glue them together to form the trailing edges and leading edges of the elevator and flaps. Shoulda asked the plumber.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

You are so good. Gotta laugh.