Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A nice gift.

On Sunday morning I met my new flying buddy at McDonalds and led him to the field. He had a new plane and needed to tweak the electric motor a bit. He flew it well and plans to be at the contest A Lee, MA next week. I went to the field on Monday and the farmer had run the tedder over the mown grass. Bunches of grass were thrown onto the circle but it wasn't a problem. Today I went to the field and the circle looked different. I took a close look at the ground and it had been rolled. The grass was flattened in the direction of flight. I looked at the r/c field and didn't see the same flattened grass. I was able to get good takeoffs without being bounced into the air. Real nice. When I left I noticed a trail left by the roller and followed it down around the town garage buildings where it faded out. I didn't see a roller on the property and didn't want to ask the workers about it as that may get somebody in trouble. The club meeting is Thursday and I'll ask then.

No comments: