Monday, January 9, 2017

In the beginning.

While waiting for some lost luggage to be delivered I was doodling on a note book. I ended up with a side view of a plane that caught my attention. I stretched out a plans empty back side and started to lay out the fuselage full size. I started with the idea of a full fuselage, one with formers and an inverted engine, but ended up with a profile fuselage. It will be using the built up rear section to save weight and the engine and stabilizer will be on the same line. The wing will be 3/8 lower than that line. I have rib outlines for the Legacy 40 from the plans so I'll use them for the wing. I have a pair of aluminum landing gear I can use instead of wing mounted gear. Probably saves a gram or two. I'm going to need some more balsa.

No comments: