Wednesday, January 17, 2018

It's really winter again, again.

The temp. went down to 15 degrees this morning and is barely in the 30 at mid day. Colder than New England. But it will be in the 70's by week end.
  I got in three flights with the Nomad 60 the other day and it's flying very well indeed. I did change the rear ball bearing in the engine as the old one was making some noise. After I got it out I rinsed it off and the bearings are crunchy so it needed changing.
  With the cold and wind I've been able to get the new Nomad real close to finished. I finished the paint today and installed the engine and stuff to see where the balance point is and get a final weight. It balances right where it should and is much lighter than the rest. I don't know how that happened. Final weight is 49.6 ounces and the wing area is 626 sq. in. I'll call this one the Nomad Lite. All I need to do is drill a few holes for the hooks that hold the fuel tank in place. This Sunday could be the first flight.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea said...

Looking good.