Friday, January 12, 2018

It is winter, again.

I flew the Nomad 60 again 2 days ago and it's doing quite well. The Evo .60 engine is running just fine on the low nitro fuel I mix up. A little over 4 ounces for the pattern and several laps after. The only part I had left from the Strega ARF I re built was the canopy. I found a use for it on the Nomad X. I cut off most of the balsa canopy I made and glued the Strega canopy on over it. It is pretty scratched up so I didn't bother painting it on the inside. I did paint it on the outside once the glue dried enough.
  The newest Nomad is nearing completion. I assembled it and started the covering sequence. Initial weights put it in the mid 40 ounce range. Probably closer to 50 when it's all done. I made some changes to the plans though. i added 2 inches to the stab/elev span and widened the flaps a bit. The winter should be over by the time it's ready to fly.

No comments: