Sunday, November 18, 2018

First full flight.

Yesterday I flew at the field in Zachary. The Nomad 11 and the Mandarin. The Stalker engine in the Nomad ran very well after trying different props. The Evo .60 in the Mandarin ran well also but I had sealed the gaps in the control surfaces which made a big difference in the way it turned. I also changed the lines from 63 feet to 65 feet. This morning I went to the local park with both planes. I had installed a muffler from another engine and a lighter wood prop. Both worked very well. I had timed the Mandarin on 2 ounces of fuel yesterday and got 3 minutes. So today I filled the tank with 4.25 ounces and got in the full pattern of maneuvers with a few laps left over for safety's sake. That engine in the Nomad 4 used the same amount of fuel which I figured it would. This weekends weather is perfect for flying.


1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

That’s a good looking plane!