Friday, November 16, 2018

Things are happening.

Last Saturday I went to the Zachary field with the intention of moving the good trailer out of the way of the second circle. We hooked up a chain fall to the trailer but the tires had deflated and sunk into the ground over the years. It wouldn't move. Luckily someone with a Kubota tractor happened by and helped us move it out of the way. It was all the tractor could handle. I measured from the other circle and established the location for the new circle and put a marker at the spot. I got in a flight from the new circle and headed for home.
  On Wednesday I got a call about Allan's family selling off what they could of his hobby stuff. I bought two ARF's and two engines. I put one of the engines on the Nomad 11. I'll try to get it flying tomorrow.
  I stripped the covering off one of the ARF's and set about sealing the wood from oil penetration. I sprayed the first color, white, today and will have to wait for it to cure before spraying the red and black. Those colors are placed such that I can do them almost at the same time.
  I got an email from the AMA confirming the dates for the March contest here at South Park. I measured the field there for two circles. I have all the stuff from the smashed trailer so I don't have to go and get it when the time comes.

No comments: