Wednesday, December 26, 2018

More thinning the herd.


I tried a trimming tip that should make the plane fly through wind without ballooning. Removing a bit of weight from the wing tip weight box. It worked so I did it again and that proved to be too much. I lost too much line tension overhead and the plane crashed. Lesson learned.
  I installed the new engine, that is to be installed in the new build, in the Nomad 4. I built that plane for the same engine. This way I can get the engine some run time before putting it in the new plane. I tried the same trimming tip on the Nomad and it helped so I took a bit more out of the weight box. I'll wait for a calm day this time to test the change.
  I sprayed the final trim color on the new plane this morning. On the under side of the wing, just to break up the white background. It's supposed to rain for several days so the paint will get time to cure.  I still have the Legacy kit I got from the estate sale to go.

No comments: