Thursday, March 7, 2019

More problems.

I've been flying the Legacy and SV-11 trying to get them trimmed enough to do the full pattern. I've been trying different propellers and line lengths. The Legacy engine has been throwing fuel all over the plane. After a short flight the sides are covered in oil. I noticed that the residue wasn't used fule but raw fuel that had the alcohol evaporate in flight. I removed the engine and put it on the stand for testing. I found that the mufflers end plate was not sealing. I fixed that yesterday and this morning went to the park. After a short flight the plane was covered in oil again.At home I removed the engine cowl and took it outside for a test run. While it was running I inspected the engine for leaks but couldn't find any. Then I looked at the fuel hoses and there was a pin hole that was pissing fuel out. I cut the hose at the pin hole and re started it. This time there isn't any leaks. The winds are forecast to be light tomorrow so I'll take them back to the park for some more trimming sessions.

No comments: