Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Hooda thunk it??

After winning the profile event with my then new Nomad I built another. This one has wing mounted landing gear and I reversed the wing tips. Instead of being longest at the leading edge the wing is longest at the trailing edge. After those two I built a third Nomad with a full fuselage that I crashed a little while ago. Then I had a foam wing doing nothing so I built a forth Nomad only bigger, that one is still in one piece. Then I built a fifth one with a change to the canopy shape and that one is the best looking and flying one of all the others.
  I got an idea to get all the important measurements from nomad 5 and apply them to Nomads 1 and 2. I didn't take much to get no. 1 to match 5 and a half ounce of nose weight on 2 matched it to 5. I set the leadouts to match and that was all it took. I took 1 and 2 to the park this morning and got in some flights with both. No. 1 and 2 flew better than before and as good as No.5 The weather was perfect for the flights which made things all the more better. Now if I'm asked how my planes are set up I will have the right info. The guy who is building one of the Nomads should be close to finishing it.
   The details for the contest are under control and everything is going forward. The food still needs to be ironed out but I have an alternate plan if the cook can't make it. It's all up to the weather now.

No comments: