Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Off and running.

The weather turned dry and a bit warmer so I took the advantage and sprayed the clear on the new plane. As usual there were dirt and runs to contend with after the paint cured. I assembled the plane with the tongue muffler and found it to be tail heavy. I added a Higley heavy hub to the nose and that was good enough for a test flight. The first flight was good but the lines were not even, I needed to shorten the down line a bunch. The plane flew wings level and was reasonably stable in level flight. It had a very hard turn so I reduced the line spacing at the handle. At home I removed the tongue muffler and heavy hub and installed the stock muffler and plastic spinner for a nose weight gain of one ounce. That should ease the turns some and I shortened the down line some more.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

Lookin’ good! Beautiful in flight.