Thursday, August 12, 2021

First flight on the second Legacy 40.

I finally finished painting the plane and used a 2 part clear coat. The usual butyrate clear dope didn't act right and got put aside. I've been looking for another Evolution .52 engine for the Legacy but no luck. I took one of the Evolution .60's I have and put it in but it didn't fit quite right. I removed the .52 from the Ringmaster Excel and put that in the Legacy. I had built it using this engine so It's only proper to use it for flying. I went to the park early and got in 3 flights with the Cardinal then brought the Legacy out. The engine fired right up and flew quite well. I had to hole up control because I didn't notice that the handle and lines I used had different size clips. I dug out another set of lines and evend things up for the next go at it. One of the club members hs a Evo .52 that was given to him so he gave it to me. I ran it on the test stand and installed it in the Ringmaster. I may have to get new bearings for it. I'll take both planes to the park next time out.

No comments: