Sunday, August 29, 2021

More changes to the Pathfinder.

I built the plane for the Stalker .51. That proved to be a poor combination. I installed an Evolution .60 and that was a lot better. Then I got an Evo .52 and put that on the nose. It worked well also. That .52 went into the new Legacy 40 so I put a well used second .52 on it. Then back to the .60. I started having fuel tank problems and prop clearance issues and finally gave up using the larger Evo engines and went back to the LA .46. I had to use a stock muffler, a one ounce spinner nut and a plastic spinner to get the balance close to right. It does fly as well as it did. I installed drag strips on the tail and now it's very competitive. My son told me about a friend that cuts vinyl graphics. I'm having her cut some for the Navion. I found a picture of one that has "US ARMY" in large letters across the right wing. Almost full span top and bottom. That should cover a few of my mistakes. So I'm having her make some for the plane.

No comments: