Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Found another Evo .52.

A friend that gave me the used .52 told me about another one on Ebay. I bought it. It seems to be in good shape after a test run to get the oil out of it. I called Lee Machine Shop for a venturi to convert the engine to control line use. I have a venturi for the .60 size engine in the first used .52 and then measured the venturi I had made for the first .52 I bought new and it is smaller. So i'm having two made as the first one runs very well. A plus on the Ebay engine. I was needing a Higley Heavy Hub to balance the Pathfinder better and was planning on getting one at the hobby shop. The Ebay engine had one on the nose. I have extra pro washers and nuts so that's not a problem. The enginea also came with a muffler. I bolted it on and noticed it is from an O.S. engine. It fits and it works plus I have other Evo mufflers on the shelf if needed. The hurricane put a stop on my flying as the park is used for staging of power crews. There are trees down and hopefully the soccer goals have been severly damaged. I had a tree down and about 50 feet of fence down also. I have the tree cleaned up and the new fence 4 x 4 uprights installed. I need to remove stuff that's in the way before I can put the fence back up. I may need help on that one. I checked out the park this morning. lots of trees down and cut up already. The grass hasn't been mowed yet. The soccer goals are not in sight. I probably will take a mower to the park and cut a place to fly. I did that several years ago.

No comments: