Wednesday, September 29, 2021

New version of the Mo' Best.

The insurance did send the insurance cards. My computer blocked their email somehow. I managed to find it and get the copies. I'm still fighting with the electic company, DEMCO. I'm getting return envelopes with different return zip codes. I plan to bring my next payment in person and find out what is going on. The BBB helped straighten out their double billing. On the forum there was a post about a new kit from Brodak of the Mo' Best. The price was under $200.00 so I ordered one. Two days later the price went up to $250.00. I built one several years ago from another cottage kit producer and it was very nicely done. Tab A in slot B kinda thing. I was oping the Brodak version would be close to that. I compared the plans for both kits and found them almost exactly the same. I have the wing almost done. I'm shaping the wing tips and that takes a lot of sanding and then hollowing. I bought a electric motor mount last year aand plan to use an electric motor on this one. It's slow going as the fence repairs have made my hands quite sore and sanding makes them worse. I did get some flying in at South Park. The grass was a bit long but not long enough to cause a problem.

No comments: