Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Wait is over.

The new mower came on time Monday. I noticed marking on the deck that wasn't what it should be and then I saw that the mower wasn't the right one so I refused delivery. The right one came today and I got to work installing the fittings so I could tow two push mowers like the old mower. It took some welding and drilling but I got things installed and it's ready for the first mowing when the grass recovers from the freeze. I brought the new Pathfinder and the re-controlled Legacy 40 to the park this morning. The Pathfinder flew well but was really touchy on the controls and a bit ligt in line tension. Pretty easy fixes. The Legacy really improved all around. Not much to adjust on that one. I took a strip of clear trim sheet and painted it to match the wing tip bottom where I cut the hole to fix the leadout slider. That looks much better than the patch of blue tape. I also installed a larger fairing over the hole I cut for the external pushrod. The wind has been higher than usual lately and messing things up. Generally around the equanox the wind is stronger than the rest of the year.

No comments: