Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Big changes at the park.

The grass situation has made me make up a mower to cut the grass shorter. The grass stalls the engine. I was going to talk to the guy in charge about cutting my spot lower and today I tried to see him. I pulled into the park and at the turn I take to get to my spot there is now two posts in the road way. No way to drive to my spot. no sense talking ot him now. I can walk to the spot if I want, about 500 feet. We had checked out the North Park site and found some soft ball fields that would be as perfect as I can get and a parking lot that has possibilities. On the way home today I stopped at the park to measure the parking lot. The grounds crew was mowing the ball fields when I got there. The parking lot is 125 feet across and that is a few feet short of what I need to fly a small plane. I got out the Nomad 6 and two batteries when I got home and will charge them for an outing tomorrow. These soft ball fields have a smooth clay infield and grass outfields so taking off is as good as it can get.

No comments: