Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Some good news.

I found a new spot to fly in the center of the field at the park. The grass has been thick and giving me trouble with taildragger planes so I've been flying tricycle gear planes. They are resistant to nosing over on takeoff and landing. Today as I was packing up to leave the park manager stopped by and told me I could drive on the field to get to my old flying spot as long as it was dry. Tomorrow I'll give that a try. The contest is in two weeks and me and the club president have been preparing for the raffle. We hit the hobby shop for a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff and I have put together a bunch of stuff to sell and what doesn't sell goes into the raffle. Plus I'll give the PT-19 to the youngest member of the club. We have had two cold fronts that deflected two hurricanes away from us in the past two weeks. Florida has been the recipient of both storms. Big mess.

No comments: