Saturday, April 9, 2011

A little warmer.

I cleaned the leaves out of the lean-to and put air in the lawn tractor tires. I put the charger on the battery for a half hour too. Just after noon I hit the key and it started up. But something in the engine was banging something awful. I tried to turn the engine over by hand but it wouldn't go through top dead center. I pulled the spark plug out and hit the starter again to blow any liquid from the cylinder but there wasn't any. I started to remove the head and only broke one bolt which didn't hold anything important. The combustion chamber was loaded with carbon and a piece must have broke off doubling the thickness and interfeering with the piston. I cleaned both pieces and re assembled the engine which started and ran normally.I need to get tubes for the tires as they leak down fast.

No comments: