Saturday, February 11, 2012

Problem found.

I've been flying the Pathfinder as I found it's the oldest of my fleet. It has given me loose lines at the top corner of outside square maneuvers but nothing serious. For some reason I checked the alignment of the stab. to the wing and found the stab out of alignment. After a lot of cutting and sawing and shimming the parts are back in alignment. Now I have to fill the gaps.
The trees around the new field are quite high. The guy that strained a trainer through some trees a while back has another hanging in the top of a tall one. It's only a foot in diameter at the bottom and it has a good hold on the plane as it's been there through some fairly strong winds. He had a mid air with another as they were doing combat. The other one made it back to the field.

No comments: