Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trying something.

I've been thinking on the bead balancer thing for my model engines and came up with something.
After watching the video on the process I took the nose cone of a plastic spinner and put some steel balls in it then glued a cover plate in the spinner to capture the balls. The plate is about an inch in diameter which gives the balls room to move. The cover is the bottom of a one ounce medicine cup. The glue is drying now and may be ready today. It would be nice to have it ultra sonic welded.


I tested the ball balance spinner and didn't get anything. I removed the spinner and ran the engine with the same feel. I've had luck with a tab on the crank end that smooths the engine so I ground a bit off the prop washer. We will see if that helps.

No comments: