Monday, March 5, 2012

Ready for the weekend.


The covering and painting went faster than I figured. I had to go to NAPA for another can of white yesterday and after that cured for a bit i started masking off for the orange. I sprayed that after the race. This morning I tried a can of Dupli-Color clear and gave the painted areas a coat. By then the winds had picked up and the directions on the can of clear said to use it about 2 hours after spraying the colors. It came out well anyway.
I've had this OS .46 AX that came out of the plane I got at the Pawn shop and finally figured out what to do with it. I removed the Enya .35 from the Goldberg Eagle 63 and installed the OS. I slapped on a 12 x 5 APC prop and it's ready to go.
After that I returned an r/c combat kit to the owner. I used it to get templates for the foam wing but my foam isn't big enough. I was going to cut some cores for the club.
Now it's real windy so I started installing all the hardware onto the plane. Final weight is 46.7 ounces and the balance is right on with the small spinner. Now the paint can cure while the winds blow. As you can see I'm out of paint schemes.

No comments: