Sunday, March 11, 2012

Winds slacked off a bit.

I watched the winds around noon yesterday, Sat., and they looked like they might die down enough to get in a flight. Around 1430 I packed the Ringmaster and headed for Oneco. The rivers and ponds along the route looked calm and the smoke from the smoke stack at the tire burning plant gave further proof that the winds were not strong. I got in a short trim flight to check if the new covering had twisted the wing and to see if the lead outs were in the right place. Everything felt good so I fueled up for a full pattern flight and that went well. So I ended up waiting for the full paint cure time even though I didn't want to. Starting today the temp.s should be in the 50's or higher all week. I hope the wind stays down. It is March.
Today I'll do some field work on the circle in Brooklyn. There is a speed bump looking bump that needs flattening and I have some grass seed to spread. I'm taking the Eagle 63 to try the new engine. Should be a screamer.

No comments: