Monday, July 30, 2012

Chipping away.

I got out the chain saw and started cutting/wearing away at the high spots on the stumps.  I couldn't cut through the ridges so I made cuts across them where I could. Then I got the ax and a BFH to use as a big chisel. That worked pretty good. Now I want to get the Troy Built out and till around the stumps to make the transition smoother. By then I'll have a good idea on how much dirt will be needed to finish the job.
  I cleaned up the last stump this morning and dumped the stuff on the wall, If we hadn't toted away many wagon loads there would have been enough to cover the whole wall. Only about 15 feet left as it is.
 When I started the truck to dump the last chips I noticed a dash light that read "lamp out". I had to get the book out and find what that meant. It's a warning that a headlight, tail light or stop light is out. I ch3ecked all the lights and found the left stop light out. Not the ordinary bulb with the lugs and a quarter turn  it has wires sticking out of the end like the tiny dash bulbs. $2.50 at NAPA. Warning light went out.

No comments: