Monday, July 9, 2012

Finished again.

  I started to add aome wire to the ground wire but found that it was longer than the others and that I had coiled it inside the plastic channel. After pulling the coil out the wire is long enough.
  The spring lowering has been bugging me lately. I had bought some cut off wheels at Wal-Mart but they are for a circular saw not my grinder. The guy that got me the camper offered to burn the shackle perches off at the shop. I got the idea to use the circular saw and my die grinder to do it myself. I had intended to use the recriprocating saw but the other tools would be smoother to operate. I couldn't get the bolt out of the shackle and had to use the die grinder and small cut off wheels to slice through them. I started to use the circular saw on the mounts but the flat base got in the way. The die grinder cut enough of the base off that made it very useful.  The first one took a couple hours to get cut off but the second one took 45 minutes with all the tools at the ready.  The bolts are 9/16 diameter and the mounts are 1/4 inch thick.  The springs are raised 3 inches. I have 3 1/2 inches clearance between the axle and the frame.

No comments: