Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Slim rolls a seven.

I just heard that the above s. t. b. today. if you think Joe Val is something try a listen to "Indian love call". I got two yodels into it and switched to Ray Stevens. Slim Whitman was huge in Europe which explains a lot about them. I've been flying the new P-63 trying to get the engine to run right. It's the one I got from the pawn shop a year ago. Definitely not a C/L engine. I opened the venture and now it uses over 4 ounces for the pattern. That made me put a 6 ounce tank on that I didn't pressure test. I made the pattern plus a half lap when the engine quit. The plane was covered with fuel and I found the cap not tight when I got home. A couple turns of the screw fixed that but the winds are too high to go back. I'm tempted to buy a new engine from Horizon hobbies that is a .60 size in a .46 case. That makes it lighter and it's designed for c/l use. I'll try the one I got for a while more. The plane does fly well.

No comments: