Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Been busy.

The trip to Brodaks contest was good. I got some stuff at the hobby shop and saw the big boys fly. I wasn't impressed that much. The car got over 39 mpg for the trip. The new P-63 flew today. I like the way it flys even though it's on the heavy side. 59 ounces. 10 ounces heavier than the P-39 it's twin. I didn't take any care with the balsa selection and cored the fuselage and covered it with 1/64 ply. The engine is not giving it's best power and needs some tweaking I used 10 percent nitro and 18% oil and it ran better. It still wasn't right so I changed the tank and opened up the venture. Maybe tomorrow. I fixed one of the mowers I use at the field. A screw had fallen out letting in too much air. I brought it back and fixed it's replacement that had a fouled spark plug. I flew the Guru today also. That is just about the best plane in the fleet. The gas co. called and said they would be here tomorrow to install the meter. I called the plumber and passed on the news. Combat at the Salmon River Park this Sunday.

No comments: