Thursday, August 14, 2014

Funny how it goes.

I planned on flying the Privateer today. I set it on the stand and looked at the neutral of the flaps and elevator. There was up at flap neutral. After a bit of thinking I set the flaps and elevator at neutral. I headed for the field even though the wind is blowing a bit more than I would like. The first flight was good but too much down. I moved the line two holes toward the center of the handle which put both lines at the same distance from the center. Second flight the engine went lean. The controls felt good though. I had to open the needle a turn to get the engine running and then another turn when the dirt got sucked through and I was able to set the rpm I wanted. With all the filters I have in the system dirt still gets through. The third flight went very well. Now the plane flew not too well since day one and now it flys very well at the settings I had on the first flight that didn't work then.
 I heard from the person who gave me the only offer on the hot rod. We may have a sale.

No comments: