Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Moving up.

The contest at Lee, MA had very good weather. Every flight had the same very light winds. I didn't get a very good score on my first flight and one of the judges told me what I was doing wrong on one maneuver. I made some changes on the second flight and ended up in 3rd place out of 6.
 I was out yesterday and today trying to fix the other areas of my flying that I discussed with the other judge after the contest.
  Another person came and looked at the hot rod yesterday. He brought along another set of eyes so they could compare notes on the way home. I got under the car this morning and wiped off 17 years of oily dirt from the frame. A can of semi-gloss black covered the bare metal areas of the frame. When I took the prospect for a ride I had the a/c going strong and it frosted up. I checked it a few hours later and it was running right. I had barely used the a/c since it was new. The car is running as good as it can right now.
  The high school called this morning and the model building class is on again. 18 students signed up and they will split them in half and build every other week rather than half building to completion then the other half building.
 The next contest is the weekend after Labor Day in Wrentham, MA. They have a profile contest scheduled for early October. Then it's Baton Rouge.

No comments: