Sunday, August 31, 2014

Car show.

The club that hosted the show in Putnam for many years has moved to a field in Pomfret. We got there early and after an hour the cars really started piling in. I went to present the car to the public with a For Sale sign on it. The "car people" that I talked to don't know anything about "cars". But they had one thing in common and that is only original steel will do. One person asked "what makes this a 37"? No one knew that the 37 only came with 5 windows. An original came in and with the original roof line reminded me of a top hat. We chatted with a friend and left. A lot of cars were showing up. I guess I don't understand car shows and the people that go on a regular basis.
  I got the Stuka out and put a few flights on it the other day. I need it for the contest next week end. I'll fly it in the Old Time Stunt and Classic Stunt portion of the two day contest. I was using 58 foot lines but put on a 56 1/2 foot set to try maybe today. I also changed the 62 foot lines on the Guru  for a set of 61' 3" lines. Maybe today too if it don't rain before I get there.

No comments: