Thursday, September 4, 2014

Stealing another idea.

 At the Lee contest I saw a guy adjust the elevator push rod with a wrench through a small slot in the fuselage. I asked about it and he showed me what it was. The pushrod has a right hand thread on one end and a left hand thread on the other just like a turnbuckle. It just so happens that Du-Bro makes a 1/4 scale turnbuckle. I bought a package with 2 in it. The thread is 4-40. After looking at it for a while this morning I took a Dave Brown arrow shaft pushrod set and tapped the end plug 4-40. The left hand thread 4-40 tap I found on Amazon and ordered a set. I'll tap the other end plug left hand and It's ready to go. The plastic will act to prevent the rod from turning in flight. I figure some flats on the shaft for adjustment or some holes to poke a rod in to turn the shaft like a windlass.
 After watching videos made by a person flying alone I figured out how to do it. We set the camera up a few feet outside the circle on a tri pod  set at it's lowest position. The video came out very well just missing the very top of the overhead maneuvers.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
2Evil4U said...

Sounds Neat!