Saturday, September 20, 2014

Well?

I found that several windows needed putty and paint. I got that done yesterday morning. The putty needed 2 hours before paint so I headed to the field to mow. The farmer had cut the hay the day before and I figured he would turn it that morning while I was fixing windows. We got to the field at the same time. I got the mowers hooked up and running and mowed the runway. Then I stopped the two pushers and the mower deck so I could get to the circle without messing up the hay that covered the pathway. I got the circle mowed and again stopped the pushers for the return trip to the shed. Then I went home and painted the putty and installed the windows.
 This morning I looked at the cracks in the driveway and measured the square footage of the drive and came up with 1960 sq. ft. I experimented with mixing some dry sand with the crack filler I bought several years ago. I had cleaned out two of the cracks and mixed the sand/filler to an asphalt like consistency. Then I put it into the crack. I liked the way it went and went to the river to get some more sand. I mixed  up all the filler with sand and filled the cracks I had cleaned out. It's drying now. I had poured the filler in right out of the bottle years ago and it is too runny to stay in the crack before running downhill out of the crack. Mixing it with the sand cures that problem. Now to see if it cures properly. I'm thinking of getting someone  to apply sealcoating  to the whole driveway shortly. If it looks good in a few days I'll get another jug of filler and fill the rest of the cracks before calling the "anything for a buck.ten" folks.(they raised their prices)
  We made a video of me flying and I saw several areas that were bad and have been working on them. The winds are getting stronger and blowing right into the sun which is normal here in the fall and winter and spring. Cloudy days are the best for practice for a while.
 The powers that be in c/l stunt have put another nail in the coffin of c/l stunt. The world has gone to ARF models in r/c and c/l stunt has made it mandatory to build your own plane for c/l stunt if you want to come close to winning. Nobody is building any more and the powers that be won't get off that band wagon. The international governing body the FAI doesn't even have a build you own model rule. Everything and everybody in this universe or the universe takes the path of least resistance which in this case is a ready built model and c/l stunt has jumped off the earth. In a few decades c/l stunt will be a thing of the past.

No comments: