Monday, March 9, 2015

Almost done.


We bent a piece of plastic to act as a windshield. The batteries should be in tomorrow morning 3/10/15. I found that the steering box was at the wrong angle and there was binding in the U-joint. I redesigned the mount and welded it into place. I'll get 2 shorter bolts when I pick up the batteries.
 Hendrick driver J.J. took over the race lead so I went outside and got the hot rod started I let it run until the new thermostat opened. I had to tighten the housing bolts and wipe the leak up. The Magnaflow glass packs sound pretty good.

3 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

That is really looking fine.

2Evil4U said...

Got a quote from Horseless Carriage transport out of New Jersey. Going to be about $1850 to ship the 37 enclosed door to door. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

Sweet Pea said...

You could also check with Middle Child because her husband also told us about an all enclosed carrier but I don't remember the name.