Monday, March 16, 2015

More paint.

I bought 5 gallons of floor paint last Saturday. I moved a bunch of stuff out of the first room in the basement to get at the floor. I found some dents that needed filling with cement which held up the painting until today. I got a coat on the floor with the heavy stuff in a path from the stairs to the doorway  which is now blocked until tomorrow afternoon. It took a gallon to do about 80% of the floor. The other room is several feet shorter so I should have plenty of paint.
  The temp is near 40 so I opened the garage doors and fired up the hot rod to check the thermostat housing for leaks. Dry as a bone. It's strange how the store bought gasket softened and couldn't seal. I had some rubberized gasket material from NAPA, as was the new gasket, and made one. I bought the stuff when I installed the old thermostat.
  Several people commented on the roll bar on the electric car being kinda short. I was looking through the rule book and found some pictures of other cars and one had a double roll bar like modern dragsters. I bent one up and had the kid weld it on. The sprocket hub adapter replacement should be in soon. Now to get them to print up the wrap and get it applied.

No comments: