Monday, July 13, 2015

Another first.

 I've been thinking on it for a few years. Today I got the tools out and rotated the truck tires. It wasn't too easy as I didn't use the spare. I removed the right side tires and put the back one in front and front in back. Then I did the same to the left side. After washing and cleaning the rims I tightened the fronts and installed the hub caps. I jacked the rear up and removed both rear tires and swapped sides. All four wheels were rusted to the brakes and it took  from a kick to 4 whacks from a sledge hammer to get the rims off. I put a thin coat of grease on the problem surfaces so they should come off easily the next time. By then I probably will have looked up the right sequence for rotating the tires in the owner's manual.
  I was out flying this morning after driving around the circle several times to flatten the tractor tire marks from the hay mowing. On the second flight the engine quit way early. I found some raw fuel dripping and called it a day. At home I removed the tank and found a slight leak and a rattle inside the tank. I found one of the tubes inside had broken it's solder joint and needed fixing. The slight leak was in the feed tube solder joint and I found some crap inside the tank. Probably flux. I cleaned the tank and the spray bar on the engine. I kinda like flying the Strega now that I trimmed it properly. And set the engine up per the guy I bought it from instruction. Funny how that works. The amazing part is that the .60 size engine only uses 4.20 ounces of fuel for the pattern. The Super Tiger .60 uses 6 ounces for the same flight. Both on store bought 10% nitro fuel.

No comments: