Thursday, September 10, 2015

In the early morning rain.

I brought the last two r/c planes to the club meeting last night.  I donated them to the club to make money or whatever. That left 11 c/l planes to haul south.
  I went out before the temp got too high and found it sprinkling off and on. I put 3 planes in the truck bed and then the cross bars to hold the second layer floor. I cut new ones as the originals were too high. Then I replaced the floor piece with a wider and longer piece. A couple risers for canopy and fin clearance then a hole for a tail wheel to sit in. Then I cut a hole for the fin plus the riser. I got 6 in the bed with room in the back for some 5 gallon jugs of fuel fixins. And I can close the lid without any further mods. Two more planes to go when I noticed the back seat of the car has a lot of space. Just enough for the two planes. Problem solved, still waiting for the other shoe to drop.