Saturday, February 25, 2017

Nomad 2. or MK-2 or maybe MK-11 or Nomad 55, Nomad 56, or Nomad 57.

As I was preparing to leave the northeast I had a bunch of planes to pack. I managed to get two in the Hyundai back set. After the trip to Dallas and spending a lot on gas with the truck, I found out how to remove the back seat from the car. I was able to get 3 of the planes I use in competition in the back and close the door. The trunk didn't have anything in it and could easily hold the suitcase and flight box. This will cut the gas bill by more than half and be easier in slow traffic.
  I got out the drawing I made of the Nomad and re drew it to match what I ended up building. Then I got the idea to build another one using wing mounted landing gear and laser cut ribs. I went to the Brodak site and ordered the ribs and several pieces that I will need to complete the plane. It generally takes a week for the stuff to get here so I built the front part of the fuselage with the motor mount installed. I can't go any further until I get the ribs so I can mark the location for the wing cutout and cut it out with the bandsaw. I did get the flaps, wing trailing edge, stabilizer and elevators built and hinged. Charles of CFC Graphics sent 4 different fonts of the word Nomad so I got 3 left to choose from.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea said...

I like that!