Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Happiness is.......

I went to the field in the afternoon and got in two short flights. A slight flap tweak after the first and a good second flight. I didn't push it and at home I figured on longer lines for the next session. As it happened the longer lines were not even and two more short flights before getting them right. After that I filled the tank and got in a respectable pattern flight. This is the second plane that has been close to perfect from the start. The other my design Tennessee Hound Dog is still my choice for competitions. The new one is a profile and will fly in the profile events starting next week in Dallas. I've been flying several others to see which is best but this one out shines them. That makes my job easier as I can concentrate on flying instead of choosing. I have a set of even longer lines that I use on the two Shark designs and I want to try those out on the Nomad next time out. I have been trying to get in touch with the graphics guy but no luck so far. The forecast is for high winds for a few more days so I'll have to wait.
  I'm planning on going to the dragstrip this weekend to watch a big money bracket race. I haven't been to a track in a long time. I still like the way it was years ago and not the set your time racing of today. Too much sandbagging today.

No comments: