Monday, February 20, 2017

Double up.

After the GPS and WAZE led us astray trying to find the field from the hotel we got there with time to spare. I got the planes ready and fueled. I was first up for the Classic event and that went pretty good even with a 10mph breeze. The event went through both rounds and went right into the Profile event. I was first again and the Nomad handled the wind better than most of my other planes, all 19. I didn't like the way it flew the corners so I spread the lines further apart on the handle. Which is where they were  a few days ago. That was too touchy when I flew it at home so I reduced the spacing but that changed for some reason. On my second flight I came out of the reverse wing over about 2 feet from the ground but held it there as a climb in the middle of the maneuver would have given me more points off. The plane flew better than the first flight. As it turned out I won first in Classic and first in Profile. Seeing as the Nomad is my design and barely 2 weeks old I was happy. There was 3 contestants in Classic and 6 in Profile.
  We waited for my relatives to arrive and talked with them for a few hours before going to Red Lobster for dinner. I haven't talked to either for over 10 years. They moved to Texas several years ago and real close to the flying field. C an't beat it with a stick. A picture of my planes. Wing span is 4 1/2 feet on each.

No comments: