Friday, October 27, 2017

It's figured out.

The stab./elev. assy. has enough wood in the hings area that I could cut the hinges out and make new hinge pockets for the re assembly. I used a T-pin as a probe to find the end of the hinges and cut them out with the new Zona saw I got at the contest raffle. After looking at the stab. I went to the band saw and cut the trailing edge off and made up a new trailing edge just like I do for my new  planes. After sanding the hinge slots and glueing the pieces together I installed the elevators and cut the bevel sharper so they will move 30 degrees in each direction. Then I glued the new piece to the stab. and it's done.  I will use the covering on the elevators as the paint is a lot harder to get off than I thought. The same with the wing. Luckily, so far, the profile event doesn't get appearance points so it just has to fly well and qualify for the builder of the model rule.
  At the park this morning the guys in charge came over and told me about some others looking to fly there. I had told them about the park when I met them at the contest. Then the manager guy in charge told me I should have a contest there. That surprised me.





No comments: