Friday, February 2, 2018

More changes to test fly.

It's been windy lately but in the morning two days ago it was very light wind so I headed to the park with Nomads 3 and 5. I had enlarged the elevators on #3 and put the salvaged canopy from the highly modified Strega ARF on it. On #5 I installed the metal tank I made for it and that needed testing. I didn't realize it but I had installed a venturi I made a while back and it is .015 larger in inside diameter. I got in two flights with 3 3/4 ounces in the tank for the first flight and 4 ounces in for the second flight. Both flights ran out of fuel before I could finish the pattern. All my other engines of the same size and type use 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 ounces for a full flight. I took out #3 and it flew very well. I've since flown #3 with a full tank of fuel and it is enough to finish the pattern. Some fill the tank and draw out a set amount but I avoid one step and put in a set amount. It amounts to the same thing.

No comments: