Tuesday, February 27, 2018

More trimming finds.

I have figured out that I've been setting the leadouts too far aft. I tried one plane with them moved forward a ways and it flew a lot more stable. I figured that flying too much sideways is shading the control surfaces causing a loss of control authority. I tried moving the leadouts forward on another plane and got improved flight again. With that in mind I got out the Wildcat that flew poorly from the start. Moving the leadouts forward improved the flying on it too. Today I got out the Mo' Best and moved the leadouts on that one and it flew better also. I'm going through my fleet moving leadouts and flying them to make sure the change works on each plane.
   The new field box is working out well. I found an empty peanut butter jar that will fit inside and I'm using that to hold the fuel. I don't know what the fuel will do to the plastic so I keep the jar in a baking tray while at home.

No comments: