Thursday, June 14, 2018

More tests and changes.

I replaced the APC 11.5 x 4 prop and put one of new propellers on the Nomad. I couldn't see any difference in the way the plane flew. Same rpm same amount of fuel same everything except cost. The new props are $2.79 more expensive than the APC. The only other difference is weight. The APC is 0.2 ounces heavier. Today I replaced a wood 12 x 6 BY&O prop with a 12.5 x 5.5 Yoshioka plastic prop. Again very little difference. The wood prop is $1.00 cheaper on this size. I have flown the plane with APC props and they perform well and are cheaper still.  I do have some new control line coming. It's made in Ukraine.
  After several designs and colors I threw them all out and went with pre WW-2 color scheme. Bright yellow wings and tail and Bright blue fuselage. One of the planes depicted on the plans has a scheme similar to this. I got the yellow on and probably tomorrow I'll mask it and spray the blue.
 On the way to the park this morning I saw an accident. A Jeep, CJ type, was in the right travel lane on it's roll cage roof. That stretch of road doesn't have ditches and I didn't see another car with damage. The only thing missing was the ditch and fire.

No comments: