Thursday, October 25, 2018

Changes.

The weather is poor today but there was a respite around noon so I loaded the Pathfinder and Jamison and headed to the park. I had increased the elevator travel on the Pathfinder, added 3/4 ounce to the tail and increased the power a bit. I also removed the motor and re set the prop shaft so the outer can didn't move so much. That made a difference in power. The Jamison got less elevator travel and I adjusted the landing gear to get more prop clearance.
  I had 4 batteries for the Pathfinder so I flew it first. Real good cornering. I reduced the up travel at the handle and got in a second flight that was better. The winds are coming from a different direction 60 feet off the ground and made flying not fun so I packed up and went home.
  I removed 1/4 ounce from the tail of the Pathfinder. For once the bottom of the plane wasn't wet and full of grass clippings.
  I have some graphics coming for the Pathfinder and the Mandarin, "Pathfinder XL and Mandarin 720". Maybe I'll be able to take the Pathfinder to El Dorado. I've only flew the Mandarin once.
  After getting the compliment on my Nomad 5 I changed the canopy on the first two. I made a template of the 5 canopy and found enough 1/2 inch balsa to make two canopies. The original canopies were very low and didn't take long to shave them off with the razor plane. Some filler and primer and color and they are ready to go. I don't expect any improvement in the way they fly but you never know.

No comments: